It's always fascinating to see what our favourite celebrities choose to wear on their wedding day. With their wedding outfits under the world's microscope, we can only imagine how difficult and stressful it must be to create the perfect ensemble!
After everyone has taken note of what style of wedding gown was worn, the rest of the focus lands on the bride's wedding jewellery, her makeup and hair.
Here we take a look specifically at the types of wedding earrings worn by our favourite stylish celebrities!
Keep reading for inspiration if you're searching for your own perfect pair of wedding earrings, and click here to shop our bridal earrings collection!
Kate Middleton - Watched by billions, Kate's tasteful teardrop earrings did not disappoint. The perfect length for her face, Kate's wedding earrings looked lightweight and youthful. We love the way Kate has teamed her Princess Grace style dress with a suitably classic drop bridal earring.
Ivanka Trump - Love her or loathe her, there's no denying that Ivanka looked absolutely breathtaking on her wedding day. Opting for yet another Princess Grace inspired gown, Ivanka offset her soft Hollywood waves with a dazzling pair of diamond drop wedding earrings from her collection. Perfection!
Kim Kardashian - For her first wedding, Kim chose a pair of statement teardrop wedding earrings that wowed the world. Featuring a bold solitaire and an even more impressive pearshape stone beneath it, we can only hope there was a bodyguard nearby as these real diamond bridal earrings would have cost a pretty penny!
Meghan Markle - renowned for her understated style, Meghan Markle chose a suitably modest pair of wedding earrings for her nuptials to Prince Harry in 2018. An antique diamond stud, chosen presumably to match with her stunning wedding headpiece, was the perfect choice for the radiant bride.
Tips for choosing the perfect pair of wedding earrings -
- Always opt for something larger than you would wear everyday if you'd like the earrings to be visible in photos
- A universally flattering length is when the earring just reaches the corner of the jawline
- If you have a high neckline, don't be afraid of a longer earring. A longer style and a high neckline can look quite dramatic
- Create a balance between your wedding headpiece and the wedding earrings. If one is a statement size, reduce the proportions of the other (and vice versa)
- Don't be afraid to wear a smaller wedding earring for the ceremony and switch into something more trendy for the reception!
- Try to buy something you can wear again and again